Pages

Thursday 15 April 2010

'The art of sacrifice and love...'


Select area or above sample.


These are two samples that I have created so far for the corset project. They are both in the shape of a corset front panel so it is easier to imagine the final outcome (I find it helps to evaluate the samples better as well).

The first sample uses free machine embroidery, straight stitch machine embroidery, loose threads and a seam ripper to create a worn look. This links well with the vintage ballet costumes as they have become threadbare in places and show signs of ageing.

The second sample uses an embellisher to create a wonderful texture; I have then free machined the text down the left hand side.

I am happy with both but I think my preference is the first sample. This is because of the techniques used and the aesthetic qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment