Pages

Sunday 4 July 2010

'Make you feel my love...'



 

The top image here shows three samples mounted onto one board. The board presents a collection of ideas on how to combine various materials as well as different text. I was also experimenting with colour, trying to finalize a colour palette for my final pieces.



 

 
Again the top image shows a board with three varying samples presented on it. I was partiularly enjoying the use of handmade felt in neutral colours. Especially the two samples which have been pictured above.



This was a sample that was displayed on its own; it was created by using both machine stitch and hand embroidery into handmade felt. I particularly like how I left the threads hanging; I felt it created a worn or aged look to the sample.


No comments:

Post a Comment